Added Bonus! Driving lessons with an instructor – 3 for 1 hrs
The added bonus of getting driving lessons from a qualified driving instructor, is for every one hour structured driving lesson you complete, you can record three hours driving experience in your Log Book. A maximum of 10 hours of lessons will be accepted and recorded as 30 hours driving experience.
This doesn’t mean that driving lessons with an instructor are compulsory, or that you should stop having lessons once you reach the 10 hour limit, if you feel you’d benefit from more lessons. Our qualified instructor will asses your driving skill and driving competence and will help you make a plan to get your licence.
Driving lessons at night (between sunset and sunrise) count for only one hour of night driving. The other two hours are added to your day driving hours.
- Log it – Be sure to record these sessions in your Structured Lesson Record Keeper(PDF, 728Kb) log book insert.
You do not have to complete a Learner Driver Log Book if you:
- Are over 25 years old
- Previously held a NSW or interstate driver licence, other than a learner licence
- Previously held an overseas licence, other than a learner licence
- Hold an overseas licence, other than a learner licence, and are issued with a learner licence after failing one driving test
- Are specifically exempted by Roads and Maritime Services.
Recognition of log book hours recorded in another state or territory
If you’ve held a learner licence in another Australian state or territory, Roads and Maritime will recognise hours recorded in an interstate learner driver log book, as long as you provide appropriate documentation.